Close this search box.

Residential Town Yard

Town residential property owners can bring their items to the Town yard during the designated hours free of charge.

Do not drop off items at the gate when it is not open.

Location: 659 Hoehn Road (Town Yard on Industrial Road)

WINTER HOURS: (November I to April 30): Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
SUMMER HOURS: (Mav 1 to October 31): Wednesdays from 1 :00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.; and Saturdays from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.

*Please note that if a Statutory Holiday lands on a Wednesday, the yard will be open the following day.

Do not drop off items at the gate when it is not open.

Items Not Accepted

  • • Tires, shingles, construction waste (including home renovation material), concrete, oil, oil filters, paint cans. These items will need to go to the Highway 55 Waste Management near Canwood. Visit for more information on rates, etc.
    • Recently, there has been a very large amount of household items following renovations and/or garage sales – note that whole house loads of material will not be accepted.
    • Electronics, TVs, computers, printers, batteries, household paint, beverage containers – take to SAR CAN. Visit for more information.
    • Residential property owners who are planning to do renovations can make arrangements with Highway 55 Waste Management (306)468-3055 to have a 6-yard (commercial sized) bin brought to their yard for construction waste. When the bin is full or job is complete, the property owner would then contact Highway 55 Waste Management to have the bin tipped/removed. These costs are the responsibility of the property owner. Garbage from home renovations will not be accepted at the town yard site.

*Please remember that smaller recyclables items can be put into your blue recycle container at home.

** Please note that, although we accept large items, if you are going to the city to purchase a new appliance, furniture, mattress, etc., you can drop your old ones off at BN Steel & Metals in Prince Albert. BN Steel & Metals accepts metal items free of charge 24 hours/day @ Hwy 3 – 42nd Street East. Visit for more information.

Yard Waste

• Leaves and grass will be accepted at the Town Residential Garbage Collection Site: and
trees and branches are to be taken to the Transfer Station (located 5km north of Big River on Highway 55, then tum west onto Township Road 565).
• Please note that if you have larger pieces of wood, the Regional Park accepts it for fire wood. Call the Regional Park at 306-469-2232 to make arrangements to drop of£